GFW Schools Welcome You
The communities of Gibbon, Fairfax, and Winthrop began sharing educational resources in 1987 and established the GFW School District in 1992. Still remembering the proud heritage of America’s heartland, the GFW Schools are renowned for extraordinary educational programs, unequaled by schools of any size.
GFW is recognized as a regional model for community-based education. Site-based teams of parents, students, community members, and staff are charged with decision-making at each school. The K-2 Primary School is located in Gibbon, the 3-6 Intermediate School at Fairfax, and the 7-12 Junior/Senior High School in Winthrop.
Over 700 students are served in a safe and secure environment.
Nestled in the prairie of south central Minnesota, GFW students use progressive technology applications to access educational resources from around the world. Parents cite small class sizes, school-aged childcare, early childhood programs, and co-curricular programs as the desirable features of the school district. Still responding to the rich promises of the land, the GFW communities enjoy a quality of life that cannot be matched by larger cities.
- Community members are involved with school issues and activities.
- Business partnership, input, and support is encouraged.
- Each student assumes responsibility for learning to the best of his/her ability.
- Students are accountable for their actions and use school resources in a responsible manner.
- Students understand and respect others including those who are culturally diverse and of different family structures.
- Positive and helpful changes occur to assure a safe, caring, learning environment for all students.
- Staff will be models for life long learning.
- Clear and open communication takes place among staff, students, and community.
- Parents/guardians provide a nurturing and safe environment.
- Parents/guardians are responsible and accountable for their child’s education and behavior.
Registration to attend our schools is easy. The information and forms you need are on this web page. Please complete the forms and return them to any GFW school.
PDF Download Contains:
• Request for Student Records
• New Student Registration
• 2019-20 Ethnic and Racial Demographic Designation Form
• Letter from Superintendent
• How to Complete the Application for Educational Benefits
• 2019-20 Application for Educational Benefits
• Minnesota Language Survey
• Students in Transition Identification & Needs Assessment
• GFW Emergency and Health Information
• Student Emergency Information - Is your data correct?
This information will help parents/guardians make informed decisions that benefit their children, schools, and communities.