A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet is also listed below – either as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.Open the Google Docs Spreadsheet
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
Remember To Start Early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA. When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, fill out a Student Bio to help the writer –
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2020, the 29 Seniors and 9 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 149 scholarships for a grand total of over $163,690! A little effort goes a long way.
You can visit Jo in the Office for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
Scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
- colleg express
Scholarships By Month
- 11/15/2020 (#101) Haugen Scholarship Foundation
This is a needs based/merit based scholarship available to students from small/rural communities and will fund 4 years of college. It is a nation-wide scholarship. Must have a 3.75 or higher gpa and be in the top 20% of your class. Must complete FAFSA and have an EFC of less than $6500. Check out brochure and all information on website.
- 11/30/2020 (#107) 2021 Dr. Juan Andrade, Jr. – Scholarship for Young Hispanic Leaders NATIONAL – This application will require 2 letters of recommendation as well as essays. REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as full-time undergraduate students, in an accredited four-year or two-year institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories, and demonstrate a verifiable need for financial support. At least one parent must be of Hispanic ancestry. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply (DACA or Undocumented). Applicants must be full-time undergraduate students for the Fall 2021 – Spring 2022 academic year. This includes high school seniors, college freshman, sophmores, and juniors up to age 25.
- 12/1/2020 (#103) Bird Island Hawk Creek – REGIONAL 5) $1000 scholarships available – AG and NON-Ag available
- 12/15/2020 (#106) Burger King NATIONAL – Only the first 50,000 applications will be considered – You may wish to gather the following information that will be needed for the application process:
A list of your work experiences and involvement in school and community activities
A current (official or unofficial) transcript of grades
BURGER KING® employee information if your application is to be affiliated with an employee
If applicable, your family’s financial information. A copy of your parents’ most recent tax form filed with the IRS or Revenue Canada may be helpful to look at when filling out that section of the application
eligibility – Be living in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico
Be graduating high school seniors (U.S. and Puerto Rico), graduating from grade 12 (Canada) or graduating from home school education in the U.S., Puerto Rico or Canada
Have a cumulative high school grade point average of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale, or the equivalent
Plan to enroll full-time, without interruption, for the entire 2021-22 academic year at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico
- 1/1/2021 (#110)Citizens Bank Applicants for the scholarship program must be high school seniors, who plan to enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited four year or two year college or university in the fall following graduation. Requirements include that the student be a customer of Citizens with an open and active checking account before January 2021. The applicant must also complete the required educational banking videos and questionnaires before March 8th, 2021. After these steps are completed – applications will be mailed to you and will need to be completed and postmarked March 15th. Applications require a school representative signature.
- 1/4/2021 *(#109) McLeod County Corn & Soybean Growers LOCAL – Student must live in McLeod County and family must be a member of McLeod Co. Corn or Soybean Growers. Parent’s, or student’s themselves can become a member of either organization and students can then become eligible for the scholarship program.
- 1/4/2021 *(#114) Waseca Southern School of Agriculture ALUMNI – 2) $500 scholarships will be awarded to high school seniors or college freshman with a 3.0 min GPA who are the child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a Wasica Southern School of Agriculture graduate.
- 1/29/2021 (#112) Winthrop Honor Guard This scholarship is available to ALL GFW students. Please apply.
- 1/29/2021 (#113) Winthrop American Legion Auxiliary This scholarship is available to ALL GFW students. Please apply
- 2/15/2021 (#110) New Auburn Fire District – LOCAL – MUST BE THE DEPENDANT OF A NEW AUBURN FIRE DISTRICT RESIDENT or the dependant of a New Auburn Fire & Rescue Member
- 3/1/2021 *(#108) AgCountry Farm Credit Services only for student who live in Renville, Redwood, (additional counties outside our area – for complete list use pull down on application.) AgCountry Farm Credit Service is awarding a total of $36,000 in college scholarships. Thirty-six scholarships for $1,000 each will be awarded to high school seniors who plan to enroll in college in the fall of 2021. AgCountry is offering ten $1,000 scholarships for upperclassmen college students who have completed 69 credits at a college or university; are studying in an agribusiness, business, or related field of study; and plan on working in production agricultural lending or related agricultural services.
The recipient may be from an actively farming or ranching family or planning to pursue an agricultural career. This means that seniors from a farming or ranching family are eligible, regardless of their career intentions. Also, seniors intending to pursue ag careers are eligible, regardless of whether they have a farm background. In either case, scholarships are not awarded until the students show proof of enrollment in college.
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.