All scholarships are listed BELOW by due date.
Remember to start early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA.
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
Paper scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
Do you need a Letter of Recommendation?
When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, give the writer PLENTY of time to do your letter justice. Please don’t ask a teacher to write a letter of recommendation without giving them ample time to write it. You may want to fill out a Student Bio to help the writer –
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2020, the 29 Seniors and 9 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 149 scholarships for a grand total of over $166,690! A little effort goes a long way.
You can visit Jo in the Office for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
This spreadsheet may help you to quickly identify which scholarships you want to apply for and to identify which scholarships you have already viewed and which are new.Open the Google Docs Spreadsheet
Scholarships By Month
- 3/4/2021 (#134) UFC MN – Dependent* children of either UFC voting patrons** or of full-time employees. Students who are seniors in high school or recent high school graduates. Planning to enroll for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational technical school.
- 3/10/21 AFA Leader & Academic Scholarship Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of career vision and goal, leader and community involvement and financial need. Some applicants will be selected based on a specific criteria requirement set by our partner organizations and communities. See website for all details.
- 3/11/21 (#152) Pro Ag of Renville County Multiple scholarships available – check out their website
- 3/12/2021 (#131) Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship One student from GFW will receive this $2000 scholarship.
- 3/15/2021 (#125)Compeer Financial Scholarship STATE – Scholarship available to student pursuing AG career with a minimum 3.0 GPA living in one of 144 counties. See website for details.
- 3/17/2021 (#140) Law Enforcement/Christian Domeier GFW – $1500 scholarship for student pursuing a degree in Law Enforcement BUT ALL applicants are welcome, even if not going into Law.
- 3/17/2021 (#141) Nolan Majeski GFW – this $500 scholarship is awarded to a GFW student – How have you used your life to impact the life of someone else in a positive way?
- 3/17/2021 (#144) Laabs for Football Players majoring in Math, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Medicine or Dentistry Must be a GFW Football player and majoring in one of the above.
- 3/19/2021 (#155) Art Engelbrecht Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences MN – The Art Engelbrecht Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences Scholarship is a $1,000 award open to any student in the State of Minnesota who is majoring (or will be majoring) in Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences. This includes natural resources management, law enforcement, or aviation programs, or other similar programs.
- 3/29/21 (#147) Sam’s Fund Scholarship GFW students only – Sam’s Fund has given over 100 scholarships over the last 20 years to a broad spectrum of GFW students. Will you be the next? This very generous scholarship is in memory of Samantha Chase Schaehrer. This scholarship requires your parents adjusted gross income, but more importantly, it requires a little thinking and planning on your part. This scholarship is intended for those students who are truly committed to attending a post secondary educational institution and who are in need of financial help. If this sounds like you – please apply!
- 3/31/2021 (#127) Frandsen Bank & Trust Regional – you or your parent must be customers of Frandsen Bank. See website for all details.
- 3/31/2021 (#128) GFW Dollars For Scholars GFW – apply now for the many of $65,000 scholarships available to GFW students! If you don’t apply for any other scholarships this year, you should apply for this one! see instructions for completing your profile. Click the red link to get to the application, but download the instructions for help.
- 3/31/20201 *(#136) Sanken-Hatz Glencoe Regional Hospital MN – Must be entering an eligible Health career – see web page for details and instructions for application packet.
- 3/31/2021 (#132) SFM Foundation MN – If you lost a parent to death or serious injury while they were working for a MN or Iowa employer you should look at this scholarship.
- 3/31/2021 (#137) New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen/E.E. Mecklenburg Environmental LOCAL – You must be planning a career in the environmental field.
- 3/31/2021 (#154) Olivia Hospital and Clinic Foundation RENVILLE – You must live in Renville County and be pursuing a career in human health.
- 4/1/21 (#122)Brown Co. REA LOCAL – 6) $250 scholarships will be awarded to students whose parents/guardians are members and live in Brown County REA’s service area. Must have a min high school 2.5 gpa – scroll down on webpage to “Operation Round-Up” to find application.
- 4/1/21 (#149) Nicollet/Sibley Corn & Soybean Growers LOCAL – Student must be enrolled or will be enrolling in an agricultural program, reside in Sibley or Nicollet county, family must be a soybean or corn grower member. See application for more details.
- 4/1/21 (#150 Renville County Historical Society) LOCAL – MUST live in Renville County – $1000 scholarship to student who plans to pursue a career in a history field.
- 4/2/21 (#142 Gibbon Lions) Local – You MUST be a high school senior living in the Gibbon Fire Department district.
- 4/2/21 (#143) Gaylord Game Protective League GFW – $1000 scholarship – requires 2 short essays – see details on application.
- 4/5/21 (#138) GFW 1 GFW student only – This is NOT the same as GFW Dollars for Scholars – this is ONE application for MULTIPLE scholarships awarded only to GFW students.
- 4/5/21 (#139) Bob Safe GFW – Eligibility: #1 Must be a GFW athlete; #2 Must have: a) lost a parent in death, or b) be pursuing a degree in education, or c) be pursuing a degree in the medical field.
- 4/6/21 (#148) Carson Scholarship – LOCAL – This scholarship is given to MULTIPLE GFW students. This scholarship MUST be in the Frandsen Bank @ 100 North MN Street by the due date – NOT postmarked but IN THEIR OFFICE.
- 4/6/21 (#153) Honl Bees GFW – This $3000 scholarship will be distributed among selected recipients. This scholarship is given in memory of Nolan Majeski. Write an essay on “What are you passionate about?”
- 4/9/21 (#121)The LuAnn Alexander Memorial Scholarship LuAnn was an administrative assistant in the GFW High School office for many years. She was known for her warm smile and her kind and caring personality. Two GFW seniors planning to continue their education after high school will each be awarded a $1000 scholarship in her memory.
- 4/15/21 (#156) James Albrecht GFW – This scholarship is intended for a student who will be pursuing a degree in the automotive field, but is open to ALL GFW students. If you are attending Ridgewater College – you must apply on their website, if not, use the paper application.
- 4/15/2021 (#116) MASWCD RENVILLE County only – must have a minimum 2.5 high school gpa – requires a 1000 word essay – read requirements to choose your topic.
- 4/30/21 (#146) Friends of the Trade GFW – This $500 scholarship is for students who plan to enter into a 2 year program for Administrative Assistant, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Automotive Service/Mechanics, Collision Repair, Manufacturing Machine, Masonry, Welding
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
- colleg express
Parents – A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet is also listed above – either as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.