A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet, is also listed below – either in RED as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.Open the Google Docs Spreadsheet
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
Remember To Start Early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA. When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, fill out a Student Bio to help the writer –
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2019, the 27 Seniors and 13 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 142 scholarships for a grand total of over $155,715! A little effort goes a long way.
You can visit Jo in the Office for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
Scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
Scholarships By Month
- 3/23/20 (#123) RC Hospital $8,000 scholarship – the intent of this scholarship is to encourage students to pursue careers in health care, with the hope they return to live and work in Renville County. Therefore, recipients of the scholarship are required to attend an initial orientation session with the RC Hospital & Clinics staff, participate in hometown parade, county fair and annual sessions as part of the scholarship renewal process. Internships and other such opportunities at RC Hospital & Clinics may also be available to recipients as part of this award. Eligibility is To be considered for a RC Hospital Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
• Be a graduating high school senior
• Attend a Renville County High School or be a resident of Renville County
• Attend post-secondary educational institute and purse an approved health care related field
• Make a written commitment for volunteer opportunities offered throughout the year, participate
in a job shadowing experience at RC Hospital & Clinics
• Attend an annual information session with RC Hospital & Clinics Staff
- 3/31/20 (#117) GFW DOLLARS FOR DOLLARS GFW – ALL seniors planning to attend college should complete this scholarship application. www.gfw.dollarsforscholars.org > gray bar at top “Students and Parents” > Click to Log In > Don’t have an account yet? Create one here. High School Name – GFW > complete the first page and agree to the terms and then you will receive an email with a temporary password. Create a password BE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE and then continue with as much information as possible. You do not have to answer questions that do not have ** – for example, you do not have to answer financial information to match with our LOCAL Dollars for Scholars. It is possible you may match nationwide Dollars for Scholars scholarships by providing all answers, but to qualify for the GFW scholarships you don’t need to answer the questions that do not have **. If you have any questions, see Jo.
- 3/31/2020 (#142) Sanken-Hatz Scholarship This scholarship is provided through the Glencoe hospital for a student pursuing a degree in several specific health fields. Go to the website to see if you are eligible.
- 4/15/20 (#161) MASWCD Area VI Youth Natural Resource Scholarship Eligibility: MUST LIVE in the Renville Co. Soil & Water Conservation District; have a min. 2.5 high school GPA; 1000 word essay on “The Importance of Trees in Our Environment”
- 4-15-20 (#158)Horatio Alger NATIONAL – over 1000 scholarships available. Eligibility is: be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical degree/certificate program, demonstrate financial need – must be Pell Grant eligible, be under 30, be a US citizen.
This scholarship is for students who are going into an Ag related field and reside in Sibley or Nicollet County and their family must be a Sibley or Nicollet Corn or Soybean Grower MEMBER.
This scholarship for $1500.00 is intended for a GFW senior/graduate enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college pursuing a career in a Law Enforcement related field, but ALL applicants are welcome.
A single $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a senior student of GFW. Requires a 250 words or less essay on What conservation means to you and a 250 words or less essay on why you should receive this scholarship.
LuAnn Alexander was known for putting the needs of others ahead of her own. The scholarship committee is looking to award this scholarship to someone who shows this same quality.
GFW - MUST be a GFW athlete and fall into one of the following categories: a) lost a parent to death b) plan to pursue a degree in education c) plan to pursue a degree in the medical field
This scholarship is given for 2010 GFW graduate, James Albrecht. All can apply. Consideration will be given to those who have participated in Band, Track, and Cross Country at GFW - also those going into an automotive field - but ALL should apply. Those attending Ridgewater College should apply on the website that is listed at the top of the downloadable pdf.
8/3/20 4:30 (#159) Minnesota State Fair – PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CLICKING THE LINK TO APPLY ONLINE.
U of M Extension scholarships (#136) U of M Extension 4-H, FFA Many scholarship opportunities through 4-H. Some are also available for FFA members. Check it out.
The contest is open to any current High School SOPHOMORE or JUNIOR whose parents/guardians are current members of Brown County Rural Electrician Association (REA).
JUNIORS ONLY - Statewide scholarship offer - up to 5 $2000 scholarships available for juniors. Applicant must write an essay on "Township Day". You can read winning essays and read more about the program at: https://mntownships.org/about-mat/minnesota-association-of-townships-scholarship-program/
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
- colleg express
- tuition funding sources
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.