All scholarships are listed BELOW by due date.
Remember to start early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA.
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
Paper scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
Do you need a Letter of Recommendation?
When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, give the writer PLENTY of time to do your letter justice. Please don’t ask a teacher to write a letter of recommendation without giving them ample time to write it. You may want to fill out a Student Bio to help the writer –
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2020, the 29 Seniors and 9 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 149 scholarships for a grand total of over $166,690! A little effort goes a long way.
You can visit Jo in the Office for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
This spreadsheet may help you to quickly identify which scholarships you want to apply for and to identify which scholarships you have already viewed and which are new.Open the Google Docs Spreadsheet
Scholarships By Month
- 4/9/21 (#121)The LuAnn Alexander Memorial Scholarship LuAnn was an administrative assistant in the GFW High School office for many years. She was known for her warm smile and her kind and caring personality. Two GFW seniors planning to continue their education after high school will each be awarded a $1000 scholarship in her memory.
- 4/15/21 (#157) Pat & Yvonne O’Brien Family Scholarship GFW – this $1000 is for a GFW student who plans to attend a 2 year college and obtain a diploma, a certificate, or a 2-year degree.
- 4/15/21 (#156) James Albrecht GFW – This scholarship is intended for a student who will be pursuing a degree in the automotive field, but is open to ALL GFW students. If you are attending Ridgewater College – you must apply on their website, if not, use the paper application.
- 4/15/2021 (#116) MASWCD RENVILLE County only – must have a minimum 2.5 high school gpa – requires a 1000 word essay – read requirements to choose your topic.
- 4/30/21 (#146) Friends of the Trade GFW – This $500 scholarship is for students who plan to enter into a 2 year program for Administrative Assistant, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Automotive Service/Mechanics, Collision Repair, Manufacturing Machine, Masonry, Welding
- 5/4/2021 (#159) Fairfax Dayz of Thunder GFW – 2) $500 scholarships will be given to two community minded GFW students in the class of 2021.
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
- colleg express
Parents – A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet is also listed above – either as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.