Students – Evening of Excellence is Monday, May 23rd, 2022.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, a softball game had to be scheduled for this evening.
The NHS ceremony/induction will take place at 8:00 followed immediately by Evening of Excellence at 8:30.
Scholarships are listed BELOW by due date.
Remember to start early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA.
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
Paper scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
Do you need a Letter of Recommendation?
When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, give the writer PLENTY of time to do your letter justice. Please don’t ask a teacher to write a letter of recommendation without giving them ample time to write it. You may want to fill out a STUDENT BIO to help the writer –
Also: Look at the websites listed below to search for scholarships.
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2021, the 33 Seniors and 15 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 161 scholarships for a grand total of over $236,635! A little effort goes a long way.
You can email Jo [email protected] or call extension 2204 for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
This spreadsheet may help you to quickly identify which scholarships you want to apply for and to identify which scholarships you have already viewed and which are new.Open the Google Sheets Spreadsheet
Scholarships By Month
- 6/1/2022 (#119 AgCountry (for college students in Ag) Must have completed 69 credits in college studying an agribusiness, business, or related field of study; and plan on working in production agricultural lending or related agricultural services.
- 6/1/2022 (#152) James Albrecht Memorial This scholarship is in memory of GFW 2010 graduate, James Albrecht. This paper application is for all students who do not intend to attend Ridgewater College. If you are planning to attend Ridgewater College, Please go to: www.ridgewater.edu/scholarships to apply for this scholarship.
- 6/1/2022 (#153) Calvin S. Robnik This paper application is for all students who do not intend to attend Ridgewater College. If you are planning to attend Ridgewater College, Please go to: www.ridgewater.edu/scholarships to apply for this scholarship. This memorial scholarship was established in memory of Calvin Spencer Robnik who was raised and educated in Willmar, Minnesota. After many years working in automotive sales and service, he become one of the founders of Willmar Auto, located at 202 County Road 9 NE in Willmar. Cal’s love for automobiles and for people, coupled with his enthusiasm for life, led to trust and lifelong friendships with his associates and customers. He was General Manager of Willmar Auto until, at 53, he died through no fault of his own, in a tragic automobile accident caused by a distracted driver.
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- Information on How to Find Scholarships
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
Parents – A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet is also listed above – either as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.