A Google Docs Spreadsheet has been shared with all Juniors and Seniors. Ask your students for more information about this spreadsheet. If you have a Google account and would like this Google Sheet shared with you, please Email Jo and it will be shared with you. Everything listed on this spreadsheet, is also listed below – either in RED as a link to the foundation’s website, or as a downloadable pdf document to print. All scholarships are listed by the due date.Open the Google Docs Spreadsheet
*Some scholarships apply to Alumni.
Remember To Start Early –
as some scholarships require financial information, letters of recommendation, or for you to complete the FAFSA. When asking someone to write you a letter of recommendation, fill out a Student Bio to help the writer –
Watch for deadlines! Does it need to be mailed? Do you need a transcript?
It pays to apply for scholarships.
In the year of 2019, the 27 Seniors and 13 Alumni who were awarded scholarships, received 142 scholarships for a grand total of over $155,715! A little effort goes a long way.
You can visit Jo in the Office for additional information and to ask any questions.
All scholarships should be read carefully and follow the instructions completely. They are listed by due date and post number.
If a scholarship application is to be turned into the GFW office and it is a non school day – it will be accepted the following school day until 3:00.
Scholarships that are not completed online should be typed if at all possible and neatly printed in black ink where appropriate. On paper applications, print “see attached” on the lines and attach a typed paper to answer the questions.
Scholarships By Month
- 2/20/20 (#122) Renville-Sibley Cooperative Your parents MUST be members of Renville-Sibley Cooperative – Be Sure to print the REQUIREMENT FORM. This is one you will print and mail in. All scholarship applicants must be U.S. citizens and a dependent of a member of Renville-Sibley Cooperative. They must be a high school senior who plans to enroll as a full-time student in an undergraduate course of study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational/technical school. Applications will be accepted until February 20, 2020.
- 2/28/20 (#130) Milford O. Larson MN – application is due by 3:00 p.m. on the 28th – Must have a minimum GPA of 3.2 and be a high school senior who is a resident of counties within a 50-mile radius of North Mankato, Minnesota, and attend high school in one of the following counties: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, Le Sueur, McLeod, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan.
- 3/1/20 (#141) LITPC Youth Scholarship To qualify for this scholarship, you must be the child or grandchild of a Lions member OR be a Leo (A youth organization of the Lions Clubs). The current forms for the scholarships are available on line at www.litpc.org In the right column, click on LITPC Scholarship Information. Then click on Scholarship Application Form. Please follow the instructions, fill out ALL the forms neatly and correctly which includes the 4 essay questions (in 350 words or less) and the question about scholarships that you have been offered along with submitting a certified copy of your high school transcript including activities. Plus you also need to attach recommendations from 2 persons (i.e. teacher, coach, clergy, employer, etc.) AND attach a recommendation letter from a Lions Club member indicating the name of the Club and state/province and country in which the Club is located.
- 3/4/20 4:00 p.m. (#132) United Farmers Coop Application is due by 4:00 p.m. on the 4th – Eligibility: Dependent children of either UFC voting patrons or of full-time employees. Students who are seniors in high school or recent high school graduates.
Planning to enroll for the first time in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school.
- 3/13/20 (#124) Ridgeview Health Care Scholarship GFW This scholarship WILL be awarded to ONE GFW student pursuing a career in a specific health care field. This scholarship will be available online beginning January 15th. Read all Scholarship Criteria and requirements and submit your application online.
- 3/16/20 (#145) Citizens Bank Requirements: 1. Watch the two Scholarship video courses on Budgeting & Saving and Understanding Credit Decisions 2. Complete and submit the questions for EACH video 3. Have an active checking account with Citizens Bank Minnesota. 4. If you meet all requirements, you will receive your Scholarship Application! (Applications not available until February 2020) 5. Fill out your scholarship form completely and mail to Scholarship America. (Must be postmarked by March 15th)
- 3/16/20 (# 110) Housing First Minnesota STATE – eligibility is: scheduled to graduate from high school, or obtain the equivalent, in Spring 2020, or have a high school diploma, or equivalent, or is a current post-secondary student AND Is a resident of, or intends to work in, the state of Minnesota and Applicant intends to work in the residential construction industry. Scholarship amounts will be determined by the scholarship committee. Check out the website for details. https://housingfirstmn.org/general/custom.asp?page=scholarships
- 3/16/20 (#121) Compeer Financial Compeer Financial is offering 120 scholarships this year. Recipients will be selected based on academic achievement, agricultural and community organization involvement and essays. This is a scholarship you can complete online, but then print and mail – it is NOT submitted online. You must live in one of 144 counties to be eligible – so be sure you qualify. Read all information.
- 3/17/20 (# 112) Catch A Break STATE – This scholarship requires a minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher, and an ACT composite score of 24 or higher. Applicant must attend a public four-year college or university in Minnesota for the entire 2020-2021 academic year. You will also be asked to submit a copy of your most recently filed IRS 1040 and three letters of recommendation.
- 3/23/20 (#123) RC Hospital $8,000 scholarship – the intent of this scholarship is to encourage students to pursue careers in health care, with the hope they return to live and work in Renville County. Therefore, recipients of the scholarship are required to attend an initial orientation session with the RC Hospital & Clinics staff, participate in hometown parade, county fair and annual sessions as part of the scholarship renewal process. Internships and other such opportunities at RC Hospital & Clinics may also be available to recipients as part of this award. Eligibility is To be considered for a RC Hospital Foundation Scholarship, applicants must:
• Be a graduating high school senior
• Attend a Renville County High School or be a resident of Renville County
• Attend post-secondary educational institute and purse an approved health care related field
• Make a written commitment for volunteer opportunities offered throughout the year, participate
in a job shadowing experience at RC Hospital & Clinics
• Attend an annual information session with RC Hospital & Clinics Staff
- 3/31/20 (#117) GFW DOLLARS FOR DOLLARS GFW – ALL seniors planning to attend college should complete this scholarship application. www.gfw.dollarsforscholars.org > gray bar at top “Students and Parents” > Click to Log In > Don’t have an account yet? Create one here. High School Name – GFW > complete the first page and agree to the terms and then you will receive an email with a temporary password. Create a password BE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE and then continue with as much information as possible. You do not have to answer questions that do not have ** – for example, you do not have to answer financial information to match with our LOCAL Dollars for Scholars. It is possible you may match nationwide Dollars for Scholars scholarships by providing all answers, but to qualify for the GFW scholarships you don’t need to answer the questions that do not have **. If you have any questions, see Jo.
- 3/31/2020 (#142) Sanken-Hatz Scholarship This scholarship is provided through the Glencoe hospital for a student pursuing a degree in several specific health fields. Go to the website to see if you are eligible.
LOCAL - Miller Sellner is a local family owned Case IH agricultural dealership with 4 locations in southern Minnesota. We pride ourselves on being the best in customer service and product knowledge, and we know that starts with the best employees. We offer a competitive wage, on-going training, and a competitive benefit package including health insurance, life insurance, dental, disability, paid time off (PTO), 401K, and bonus incentives based on sales goals.If tuition assistance is awarded, Miller Sellner requests its recipients be available to work when school is not insession, which includes summer breaks, school breaks, and holiday breaks, if available, and depending on the current work volume at Miller Sellner. The student will be committed to work full-time for Miller Sellner for5,000 hours after graduation or will be required to reimburse Miller Sellner for ALL tuition assistance and anytool assistance received from Miller Sellner (see Tuition Assistance Agreement for detailed information).
This scholarship is ONLY for GFW Football Players, and ONLY those who plan to major in one of these fields - Math, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering, Medicine or Dentistry.
Local - This scholarship is sponsored by The New Ulm Area Sport Fishermen and intended for someone who is interested in pursuing a career in the environmental field.
This scholarship is for students who are going into an Ag related field and reside in Sibley or Nicollet County and their family must be a Sibley or Nicollet Corn or Soybean Grower MEMBER.
This scholarship for $1500.00 is intended for a GFW senior/graduate enrolled in an accredited two or four-year college pursuing a career in a Law Enforcement related field, but ALL applicants are welcome.
LuAnn Alexander was known for putting the needs of others ahead of her own. The scholarship committee is looking to award this scholarship to someone who shows this same quality.
GFW - MUST be a GFW athlete and fall into one of the following categories: a) lost a parent to death b) plan to pursue a degree in education c) plan to pursue a degree in the medical field
U of M Extension scholarships (#136) U of M Extension 4-H, FFA Many scholarship opportunities through 4-H. Some are also available for FFA members. Check it out.
The contest is open to any current High School SOPHOMORE or JUNIOR whose parents/guardians are current members of Brown County Rural Electrician Association (REA).
JUNIORS ONLY - Statewide scholarship offer - up to 5 $2000 scholarships available for juniors. Applicant must write an essay on "Township Day". You can read winning essays and read more about the program at: https://mntownships.org/about-mat/minnesota-association-of-townships-scholarship-program/
LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SCHOLARSHIPS ON THESE
Additional Scholarship Websites
(for Juniors & College students too!)
- student scholarships.org
- High Five Scholarships
- colleg express
- tuition funding sources
Many scholarship applications will ask what you do for your community. If you feel you need more volunteer service – check this out.
Looking for volunteer opportunities?
- Go to the United Way Website
- Click on GET CONNECTED
- Register and Search for ways you can support your community
If you are unable to download or pick up an application in the Office, Email Jo and she will email, or mail you what you need.
If a scholarship is due to the Office, and it is a non-school day for any reason, it will be accepted until the end of the following school day.