GFW Facilities Task Force Informational Meeting/Listening Sessions
All sessions were at 6:30 p.m.
*The video links are currently unavailable due to problems with our YouTube account. A support ticket has been submitted to Google and we hope to have the issue resolved soon. (Updated August 19th, 2019)
• March 21st GFW Middle School (Video Link)
• April 2nd at GFW Elementary School (Video Link)
• April 4th at GFW High School (Due to technical error, event was not recorded)
The public was encouraged to attend the meetings to gather information, ask questions and share your views.
The Minnesota Report Card gives you easy access to understandable district and school data. This tool is designed to provide parents, educators, schools, districts and citizens with easy access to important information about schools to help them make decisions and be engaged in the education of Minnesota students. Choose from several reports to learn more about the state of education in your local district, a specific school, or the state as a whole.
Task Force Information and Documents
The GFW Facilities Task Force Committee was developed in response to the failed bond referendum in November of 2017, which asked district residents to support renovating or upgrading each of the current buildings in the district. Our goal is to continue to keep the communities of GFW informed of the process and the work the committee has been going through to reach a potential recommendation that will go to the school board. If you have any questions or concerns pertaining to the GFW Task Force, do not hesitate to contact me.
GFW Schools Superintendent
*The documents below are available for you to read and/or download to share.
Thank you to everyone that attended the second GFW School District Public Meeting on Tuesday, April 2nd in the GFW Elementary School Gymnasium. This document is a follow up to the meeting and is intended to provide clarification to some of the questions from that evening.
Thank you to everyone that attended the first GFW School District Public Meeting on Thursday, March 21st in the GFW Middle School Gymnasium. This document is a follow up to the meeting and is intended to provide clarification to some of the questions from that evening.
Analysis of Tax Impact for Potential Bond Issue
*Estimated tax impact includes principal and interest payment on the new bonds.
**Estimated tax impact includes 40% reduction due to the School Building Bond Agricultural Credit.
2. Review Survey and Objectives
3. Review Selected Concept Options – District and Facility needs
4. Review and Discuss Selected Concept Options Pros and Cons
5. Review Selected Concept Budgets
6. Present Concept Tax Impact
7. Narrow Options
8. Summary / Recommendation to Board
9. Next Meeting / Homework
2.Review Selected Concept Options – District and Facility needs
3.Review Selected Concept Budgets
4.Present Concept Tax Impact
5.Establish Selected Concept Options Pros and Cons
7.Next Meeting / Homework
2. Review of building tours – Primary Needs
3. Review Space Programs
4. Review Concept Options – District and Facility needs
5. Review Concept Budgets
6. Refine Concept Options and Budgets
1. GFW School District to Continue (Keep Consolidation Option Open)
2. Provide Best Education Possible (Programming, Staff, Student Success)
3. Budget/ Affordability
4. Educate the Voters (Keep Voters Informed, School Board Understands, See the Need and Why is it Needed)
5. Make Teaching (Staff) Time More Efficient (Travel is a Waste of Time and Money, Improve with Grade Configuration Changes)
6. 1 or 2 Buildings 3
7. Safety and Security 2
8. Draw Students and People to Community (School a Factor in Attracting People, Website upgrades)
9. CTE Emphasis 3
10. Meeting Basic Needs (food, safety and clothes)
11. Student Connectivity Among All Grade Levels
12. Facilities - Long Term Solutions (20+ years)
13. Unite Towns - “GFW” not 3 towns
1) Overview of Upcoming Task Force Process
2) Establish and Prioritize Project Criteria / Objectives
3) Establish Baseline Options
4) Establish Process Timeline
1.1. Role/Responsibility of Task Force and its members
1.2. Background Information
1.3. Overview of Previous Task Force Process
1.4. Process Timeline
1.5. Establish and Prioritize Project Criteria / Objectives
1.6. Establish Baseline Option