GFW Elementary School
323 E. 11th Street
Gibbon, MN 55335
GFW Middle School
300 3rd Ave SE
Fairfax, MN 55332
View Parent Resources
GFW High School
1001 N. Cottonwood Street
Winthrop, MN 55396
GFW Administrative Team
Lonnie Seifert Email Mr. Seifert
Julie Elmer Email Mrs. Elmer
Amy Burns Email Amy
Lindsey Heine Email Lindsey
Dawn Kral Email Dawn
Community Education Director
Sandra Pierson Email Mrs. Pierson
District Technology Coordinator
Wade Werner Email Mr. Werner
Early Childhood Special Education Director (ECFE)
Tonia Schiro Email Mrs. Schiro
Dave Sellner Email Mr. Sellner
GFW will also be using the Campus Messenger system to communicate snow day information. parents can receive a phone call when there is a snow day, a late start, or an early dismissal. To sign up for Campus Messenger, contact Wade Werner at 507-207-2207.
School closing or late start announcements are also submitted to the area media WCCO Radio, KNUJ Radio, KLGR Radio, WCCO 4-TV, KMSP 9-TV and KARE 11-TV. The GFW website top message bar and Campus Messenger are the quickest and most accurate ways to obtain special announcements about GFW.
GFW Vision Goals:
- Community members are involved with school issues and activities.
- Business partnership, input, and support is encouraged
- Each student assumes responsibility for learning to the best of his/her ability.
- Students are accountable for their actions and use school resources in a responsible manner.
- Students understand and respect others including those who are culturally diverse and of different family structures.
- Positive and helpful changes occur to assure a safe, caring, learning environment for all students.
- Staff will be models for life long learning.
- Clear and open communication takes place among staff, students, and community.
- Parents/guardians provide a nurturing and safe environment.
- Parents/guardians are responsible and accountable for their child’s education and behavior.
The communities of Gibbon, Fairfax, and Winthrop began sharing educational resources in 1987 and established the GFW School District in 1992. Still remembering the proud heritage of America’s heartland, the GFW Schools are renowned for extraordinary educational programs, unequaled by schools of any size.
GFW is recognized as a regional model for community-based education. Site-based teams of parents, students, community members, and staff are charged with decision-making at each school. The K-4 Elementary School is located in Gibbon, the 5-8 Middle School at Fairfax, and the 9-12 High School in Winthrop.
Over 775 students are served in a safe and secure environment. The GFW facilities are attractive, up-to-date and very well maintained.
Nestled in the prairie of south central Minnesota, GFW students use progressive technology applications to access educational resources from around the world. Parents cite small class sizes, school-aged childcare, early childhood programs, and co-curricular programs as the desirable features of the school district. Still responding to the rich promises of the land, the GFW communities enjoy a quality of life that cannot be matched by larger cities.