2019 Bond Referendum Results
*Results are unofficial until they have been canvassed by the school board at a special meeting on Friday, November 8th, 2019 at 6:00pm in Gibbon, MN.
Thank you to all the GFW School District residents that participated in the Bond Referendum Special Election today. The unofficial election results are:
982 Yes Votes to 1188 No Votes
This means the proposal fails. These results will become official once they have been canvassed by the school board at a special meeting on Friday, November 8th at 6:00 p.m. in Gibbon.
The school board and administration will continue to make difficult decisions regarding facilities and finances as we move forward. The decisions will be based on what is in the best interest of students, but the issues haven’t gone away and will need to be addressed at some point.
No matter how you chose to vote, I would ask that you show all individuals the respect they deserve as we move forward.
GFW Schools Superintendent
Updated: November 5th, 2019, 10:52pm
2019 Bond Referendum
*Update – All meetings have been moved to school gymnasiums.
**Attendees are asked to bring the informational brochures that were sent out.
• Sept. 17th Gibbon GFW Primary School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
Update: At the Sept. 17th informational meeting, a question was asked as to if the school district owned the football field. It was incorrectly stated that the school district doesn’t own the field. The district does actually own that piece of land. The district does not own the practice field or the softball fields as they are city owned. The school has the privilege of using those areas as long as they maintain the area.
• Sept. 23rd Fairfax GFW Intermediate School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
• Sept. 30th Winthrop GFW Jr./Sr. High School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 1st Gibbon GFW Primary School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 8th Fairfax GFW Intermediate School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 15th Winthrop GFW Jr./Sr. High School Gymnasium – 6:30 p.m.
The GFW School Board voted to have a Special Board Meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. in the GFW Primary School cafeteria.
- On Wednesday, August 7th, 2019 GFW Schools, along with RA Morton and GLT Architects, submitted the required Review and Comment information to the Minnesota Department of Education (MDE). The original submission had a typo on the cover page and the introductory letter had an omission in it. A corrected introductory letter was re-submitted to MDE on Tuesday, August 13th. They indicated it would not impact the response they provide regarding the project. The Review and Comment with the two corrections are available for the public to view below.
- Links have been provided on this page of MDE’s positive response to GFW Schools Review & Comment Submission which was sent to Superintendent Lonnie Seifert’s office on September 19th, 2019.
We, as a district, will work to provide voters with as much information as possible in advance of the election. There will be public meetings in each of the communities to provide community members the opportunity to hear the information and ask any questions they may have regarding this project. Our goal is to provide all district residents with accurate information regarding this important decision for the school district and its communities.
Return this application as soon as possible. Ballots must be returned by election day to be counted.
*Active duty military and overseas voters shout NOT use this application. See page 2 for more information.
Gibbon-Fairfax-Winthrop Schools ISD 2365 Review & Comment Submittal
Proposed Referendum Planned for: November 5, 2019
Submitted in compliance with MN Statute 123B.71 August 6th, 2019